Tuesday, June 22, 2010

When I get nervous in social situations, my hands start to shake uncontrollably, and I blush.?

I work in a really social environment, and use my hands alot, so this problem is really evident. This is becoming embarassing. Any suggestions about how to help this? It is much appreciated! Thanks!When I get nervous in social situations, my hands start to shake uncontrollably, and I blush.?
practice talking in front of your friends.


then when you build up enough confidence,





talking in public wont be so bad.When I get nervous in social situations, my hands start to shake uncontrollably, and I blush.?
You might want to talk to a doctor or a therapist about this. It sounds to me like some kind of panic attack, though I've never heard of anyone having those exact symptoms. Does it help control the shaking if you hold on to something? I remember having a job where I had to interact with school administrators. I would get nervous and not know what to do with my hands, so I started bringing a pen and pad with me so I had something to hold on to. If you sit at some sort of desk, maybe you could put some large pictures on it, not large enough to obscure your view of the person across from you, but large enough so that the other person can't see your hands.
It might be social anxiety you have there and there are a couple of ways you can deal with it:





Start participating in social stuff that lightly challenges your comfort zone. Be it hanging out with people who aren't your usual crowd or going somewhere you don't usually go. Start with small doses at first, have a reliable safety net on hand and gradually build up your confidence.





Otherwise, a good therapist can help you build up your social skills and confidence.
People don't usually like hearing this but... talking to your doctor would probably help. You could suffer from social anxiety disorder which my best friend has. You can choose to have medication to calm you down or behavioral therapy to help you cope with this.





If you just can't stand doctors, or would rather do things yourself... You might try exposing yourself in certain ways to people to help you overcome this anxiety. Take a friend with you and go to an event where people are social with one another, and have your friend support you when meeting new people... doing this every so often until you feel well enough to go out on your own... the first few times you do this it will feel awkward and nerve wrecking but if you want to do this yourself without a doctors help, gradual exposure is the best way.
Yeah I get that way sometimes. Look to see what is making you feel that way. Is it a past memory. I am guessing it is not the socail sitaution itself but something from you past. If so just remember the past is behind you and the next social situation is in the future so do bring the past into it. Let go of what ever it is that making u nervous.
Just try to calm yourself down by going somewhere you can be alone, like the a bathroom or something and take a couple deep breaths and calm down. Also you could probably get anxiety medication if you really wanted it.
there isn't anything you can do to make it go away, but maybe if it's possible to try to be less nervous of tapping your foot or something less apparent. sry if I'm not much help :(
That's called a seizure and it's normal after being sodomized with that electric cattle prod.
None. I have the same problem. I'm gonna star this, though.
i love big league chew... delicious.
You know what I havent had in awhile? Big League Chew.
think about mike tyson kicking your *** if u dont stop? and if that doesnt work u should eat a hotdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
reptiles