Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is there anything to stop blushing or is it a life long thing?

I cant help but go red when talking to certain people. Some just say that i have a crush but i don't. Sometimes it can be so embarrassing because when i need to ask something i cannot prevent myself from going red. Is it something i'm going to suffer from for ever or is it something i can control? What causes blushing, is it psychological?Is there anything to stop blushing or is it a life long thing?
I just changed my thoughts about what exactly was happening. Yeah, sounds easy huh? Well it wasn't but positive thoughts build and over time the blushing was not such a big deal.





My recovery from this symptom came in the form of a work colleague who often had a really flushed face, not because she was anxious, but because it was just her skins natural tendency to look flushed. She often commented on it and laughed about it saying ';oh have I got a red face again';, but she was certainly not distressed by it. I often looked at this lady and thought she always looked really healthy and did anyone really give a damn that she often had a red face. I didn't and nobody else seemed to care either!





I then started by trying to make it happen as often as I could. I didn't need any help in the beginning cos it used to come thick and fast. When it did happen, I tried to imagine myself standing in the sun and loving the feelings of warmth on my face. I also tried to imagine myself looking extremely healthy. I willed it come as often as possible and tried to ';enjoy'; it. I know this sounds hard, especially in front of a boss or someone that you really don't want to look a prat in front of, but let it come and don't try to stop it.





The blushing disappears when your fear of IT disappears. Distraction techniques may stop the blushing for a while, but it hasn't taken away your thoughts about such a symptom, and your brain will only latch onto something else.





Another thing I try to do which used to give me more control is to try your best to maintain eye contact even if you are having a blushing attack. For some strange reason this puts your blushing on the backseat and it's not so intense. If you turn away and hide it will sting you more.





Practice on ';safe'; people and try and make yourself blush. Laugh at it. I used to say to myself ';come on you son of ***** give me your worst I don't care'; lol I used to get in my car after an incident and try and laugh my head of. Hard at first but eventually your brain thinks ';hey this is supposed to upset you!'; It work's guys it really does.





Now, don't get me wrong I can still blush occasionally. I am still human and everybody does, but I don't FEAR it like I used to. It's a pussycat really. Turn the tables on it. Make yourself blush at every opportunity and eventually it becomes so funny that you can't if you try!





Good luck!Is there anything to stop blushing or is it a life long thing?
oh cute!! lol - i had that same problem - it fades with age - and becomes easier to control - are you in your young teens? that's usually when it's hardest to tame - as far as i know it's psychological - although im not sure how it would come in handy ... except for being really cute ^^





here is a simple trick i learned when i was young - if you take a deep breath before you start talking to someone who you think you might blush with - then hold your breath during the beginning of the conversation ( this is a bit tricky to talk while not breathing - but with practice no one will be able to tell) allow your self to breathe again slowly - don't ever hold it for an uncomfortable amount of time - concentrate of your breathing during the rest of the conversation- breathe slow and steady ...





it worked for me - i think it does because you usually start to blush immediately when the conversation starts - but by holding your breathe your body and the subconscious parts of your brain start to concentrate on that change of course - instead of rushing blood to your cheeks - you shouldn't have to hold your breath for longer than 10 seconds - then just breathe slow and steady :)





good luck with it ^^ - and if you can't fix - don't worry!! seriously - it's super cute :) ... guys like it too^^
Lmaoo, I do this all the time. I wish I could stop! There was this teacher that I thought was absolutely gorgeous, and I blushed every single time I spoke to them. They must've thought I was insane. Lol. Did you know that when you blush, the lining of your stomach turns red too? Ha. Fun fact! I would think that it would be psychological, but I'm not really sure. I'm going to keep checking this question, because I would really like to know the answer as well. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
reptiles