Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can I prevent blushing when speakng in public?

In the last few months, I have found that whenever I speak in public my chest and neck get extremely red and blotchy. Sure, public speaking makes me a little nervous, but even when feel cool and confident, I get red. My face stays its nice and normal colour, but my chest gets red and blotchy, then it expands to my neck and shoulders, and it's quite a sight to see.





I try relaxing as much as possible, becoming comfortable with the subject matter, speaking in small groups, etc... but it still happens.





Am I stuck wearing turtlenecks every time I speak in public??





Any suggestions, or reasons why specifically my chest blushes are welcome.





Thanks!How can I prevent blushing when speakng in public?
I used to know someone with exactly the same problem. she was fair skinned and it was very obvious -- very blotchy and red on her neck and face whenever she had to talk in public. so I know what you're talking about. I don't think she was ever able to prevent it, though. I think it stemmed from lack of confidence though and a feeling of self-consciousness. Try not to concentrate on yourself, think of the audience and keep practicing those public speaking techniques (you know like think of the audience in their underwear, practice a lot, make eye contact, etc.) and maybe they'll go away. I'm wondering if your dr. could help, maybe there's some med out there to reduce anxietyHow can I prevent blushing when speakng in public?
I think you would have to do it so often that it becomes almost part of your everyday routine. Unfortunately, whenever you do something that's even a little bit unusual for you, your blood vessels will want to betray you. Even if it becomes routine, the minute someone asks you a question in a new way, out it will come again!
Sounds like you've got it made...my face gets all red...there's no practical way of covering that...(insert joke here)....
Most people who are more than a few feet away probably don't even notice it if they notice at all. People don't pay as much attention to us as we do to ourselves. You are very aware of it and that conscious thought may be making it worse. Personally, if I observed someone blushing, I wouldn't give it a second thought other than to think it was cute. I tend to blush furiously when I am embarrassed but I don't worry about it. I just crack a joke about it and go on. I wonder why this has just started recently. Was there a certain event that preceded this? Are you taking a new medication that might cause flushing. Your family doc may be able to give you a medical reason for this.
I wish I knew... glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets this!





Comes at the most awkward times, doesn't it?





I also have an older cousin with this, we believe it's hereditary~





I haven't been able to find a ';cure'; but I think I'm stuck with it!
My suggestion to you would be to keep wearing turtlenecks!


Unfold the collars!


Its powerful. It gives you the look of someone who is confident.


No one will know what's going on underneath.


Besides, You have options... They have sleeveless turtlenecks, and Short-sleeved onse for when its warmer, and pleanty to chose from as far as cotton and sweater materials go.





To top it all oss, they are sexy on women! There's no 2 ways about it. Turtlenecks will look so good on you. Just keep doing it.
just pretend its your family sitting there and your just practising


in front of them
Dont worry ,be happy, be confident, give your talk,it could be worse such as being sick or old.I bet you make people happy when you do your talk anyhow.
There is an operation you can get that burns the nerve endings that cause this problem. I know a friend who's head used to go bright red for no reason. He has not looked back since this operation.





They insert just below the inside of your arm and deflate your lung then burn the nerve endings. It is then impossible for you to blush again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
reptiles